Saturday, December 31, 2005

black shoes.

his mother is lying in a coffin
_____________________twenty

________________________steps

___________________________away
and we are all
standing by the floral arrangements
talking about
saturday
morning
cartoons


another day,
I am walking to the corner store
and am halted by a
funeral procession
black cars crawling by
and I’m just going to buy
milk.


I'm staring at all our
black shoes
standing by the floral arrangements
talking about
saturday
morning
cartoons
his mother lying in a coffin

_________________twenty

______________________steps

__________________________away

2 Comments:

Blogger Blogger said...

megs!
How did i find this? Probably a link from letting go.
Anyways, whats this post about?
Do you have any answers for moi?

1:11 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

I like your use of spacing and line breaks (re: twenty / steps / away). For some reason the formatting on my blog doesn't allow me to do things like that

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home