Tuesday, December 06, 2005

drop

"drop"

yes, I am trying to hurt you.
yes, I am an atom bomb.

I think that I might shatter
into infinite shards of stained glass
church windows
to press against your neck and
make you remember.

yes, I remember the words you said;
I heard of "love" in there somewhere,

never meant to
sever
your arteries with my tongue

but,
sometimes you need to
bleed.

On "Drop:"

I honestly have no idea where this came from. Your guess is as good as mine. Some of the lines are are just phrases that I had stuck in my head. The last section (never...) was an incomplete poem I wrote last year...that I guess is now "complete."

The inspiration was a pastor that I used to sit under. He took advantage of the congregation and twisted the word of God. I don't want to get into the details (forgiven and cast to the bottom of the sea, the bible says) but I guess this was just welling up in my heart for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home