Friday, December 09, 2005

Intentionally Unintentional

You said, "I am intentional."
Intentionally unintentional,
intentionally shielding your eyes
from the words you swear you can see.

You said, "I won't play that game."
Playing that game of not playing that game
intentionally not playing that game
of unintentionally playing that game
of not playing that game unintentionally
not intentionally unintentionally
speaking all those words
that became so tangible to see.

You said, "I won't be vague and I'll say it like it is."
You were always so clear to me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

All I can say, if this is about what I think it is (and I could very well be wrong) is that it hits me right in the stomach. Good job though- poetry should always do that.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

hmm, i uh, have, no clue...

11:03 AM  
Blogger valerie salerie said...

your double (not wait--triple) negatives are sorely resemble multiple choice exams Qs......!

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home