Tuesday, December 19, 2006

in days gone by

NOTE: This is a compilational work. It incorporates elements of poetry pulled out of poems gone by and amalgamates them into one work. It is not "new", just newly organized as a unit.


oh! I'd let you kill me just to put a smile on your face
and I'd die happy seeing it there

she was unreachable,
transient - shifting through my cells
mindbait or catalyst
both

staring across an expanse of sand
desert scorching all I've planned
hold me now within your hand
oasis in a barren land

felt a sleep coming over
felt a sad presence
felt nothing but death
felt nothing but death

I'm welling up with saline rebirth,
this is my salvation from you

this dream has breathed its last
and now it flickers and fades
into a collage of invisible things
hiding beneath vulture's wings

cut the neck
let the wound
run

every day a million miracles of us
because it's always about us

I will wait forever, yes
so close always; to being convinced
this solitude eternal
and for now I'll love it
so much more than anyone else
so little restraint left
rejection is my sweet embrace
how could I ever want more

just please another minute
you are my horizon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home