Saturday, March 25, 2006

Apathy Kills

It's so hard to see the reality
That the end will be the end of things
And our hearts are all we get to bring
So let's go ahead and make them worth something"
Relient K - Apathetic Way to Be
_________________________________
I'm fed up
with being fed up.
I want to Care
about Something,
and everything
that Matters;
like hope
and love
and faith.
The world
has nothing to offer
that will not be lost
in the end.
So I choose Forever
now.


{Note: The capitals are there on purpose. I was trying to imitate the style of movie director M. Night Shyamalyn, who produced Sixth Sense, Signs, The Village, and other crazy movies. He marks things that are all related somehow. For example, in Sixth Sense, everything influenced by the spirit world is coloured red, such as the tent the Hayley Joel Osmond hides in, and the doorhandle to the basement at the end of the movie. So I chose to capitalize words which actually mean more than just the word, but are altered by God. For example, in the third line of my poem, Care refers to God's love in that I don't just want to pay attention, and make a difference for things that I'm interested in, but rather because God loves those things or people.}

1 Comments:

Blogger valerie salerie said...

is there a reason why hope, love, faith are not capitalized?

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home