Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Steal (the draft--edits welcomed!)

________________Steal
my affections and will in the
fold of Your love
I've been stolen and the adoption
grows on me, in me.
Callouses on forehead
I know when Your toenails
have been cut.

And it's just You and me in the
room filling of smoke from the
broken alabaster jar.
I just left when You called me
Pen rolling out of my bag when
I ran to follow You.

Still now, surprised still
by the cristae that I thought I
knew well enough
to make a map of this matrix.
The solid lines of buzzing colours
have broken out
to a fury of static
black or white and movement that scares me.
And a wind blows down
the antenna, into
my marrows.

________________ Steal, You are a Collector
shivering to see the tall necks
swaying in bark skins,
my eyes cold and dry in Your fierce wind
Fierce.
(You are a Collector.)
Like fire.
(Not a thief.)
To terrify with jealous love
and penetrate with washing flames

Here, I am collected. And my adoption
runs deep
to waters I will pass through
and
rivers that will not overtake me
and
fire I'll come out from un-singed.
... I've been stolen by fierce love
and gathered to His side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home