Wednesday, October 19, 2005

To See Lines in Her Name

Hmm... It appears as though Todd is slacking and not putting up the minutes. Just kidding, no big deal. Toddy's probably busy with a billion essays right now.

Here's a poem I wrote at 1:30 am a few days ago. It's probably the most authentic "love" poem I've ever written... and I don't even think its bad. Funny thing, there isn't a "special someone" its aimed at... it's a general expression of that feeling I get when I really fall for someone. It's what I want to feel for my wife someday. The quotation is from Amber (though again, the poem itself is not about her). She told me that when I talk I don't just speak, instead I make essays in my head out of ordinary things. Interesting thought.

To See Lines in Her Name

She said that I
"speak
like an essay"
and "weave
arguments"
in my brain.

But I
think
like a poet
and see
lines
in her name.

1 Comments:

Blogger shine.is.dead said...

The lines of a poem.

In other words, she is poetry. (My favourite artform)... She is the most beautiful art. Her name is God's most beautiful poetry.

Now I just need to figure out who "She" is...

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home